Mario cake

Mario cake

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Milestone birthdays

This week was one of milestone birthdays.  On Wednesday I flew to Kansas City to surprise my sister in law for her 40th birthday.  Her daughter Caroline and I made her a three tier cake.  It tasted WONDERFUL and I am sure it was because Caroline was my apprentice. :)  My sister in law is a long time collector of Barbie.  It was only fitting her husband would throw her a wonderful party at a fabulous restaurant with some touches of Barbie thrown in.  You will see the cake Caroline and I made below.

Once I flew back home Friday, I started working on my next cake.  This cake is for a pretty little one year old.  Her Momma wanted her cake to be fun and spunky just like her!  I think it turned out perfect for the little princess.  Pictures below.

I am so happy to share in these two special birthdays.  Thank you for including me. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment