Mario cake

Mario cake

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sixteen Candles

This weekend I had some GREAT cake orders.  I was excited to make a Christmas cake for Meridian Lanes Bowling Alley.  That was fun especially since Julie came over and hung out with me while I finished it.  Then I got to make some goodies for a friend from a LONG time ago!  It was so nice to see Sherrie after all these years.  If nothing else, my cakes are becoming an avenue for me to see friends I haven't seen in a while!  (Sherrie looked EXACTLY the same!)  Then I worked on the Sex & the City Sweet 16 cake for pretty Heather.  It was beautiful, classy and fun just like Heather.  It was fun to put together.  Pictures below. 

The final cake of the weekend was a sculpted cake for a special 16 year old friend of my oldest daughter.  Her parents surprised her with a black VW Beetle so I made a cake to look like it.  FUN!  Every cake I create gives me the opportunity to learn more.  How great it is to learn! 

PS. lets not forget about the 24 DOZEN Christmas cupcakes I made in the middle of all these cake orders.  I am excited to deliver those because then I get to see another friend I haven't seen in a long time!  What a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment