Mario cake

Mario cake

Friday, November 26, 2010

OS Who?

So I finished decorating my stadium cake for my Small Group OU/OSWho? social.  I like the cake pans from Williams Sonoma, etc but I must say they are really not to bake cakes in that you plan to ice.  The mold of the pan is designed to make the beauty of the cake so that you only need to drizzle a glaze or dust with powdered sugar.  Even so, I had to add SOME buttercream to my stadium cake.  I mean seriously, what is cake without the icing? :) 
I was sitting here tonight and thinking about those I have been making cakes for so far.  Every person means something special to me.  My next two cakes are for phenomenal women.  One is a high school senior who has recently signed to play soccer at OBU and the other I have to keep a secret for another week or so.  I feel honored to create these cakes because these cakes help mark milestones in these ladies' lives.  How blessed am I that in a small way I can take part?

2 comments:

  1. Your cakes are wonderfully beautiful! I didn't know you had an affinity for cake decorating! I'm still trying to find my passion! Maybe some day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee~ I am thankful for you and excited that you are making Lauren's cake. I can't wait to see it.
    XOXO, Kristi

    ReplyDelete